Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DIY Learning New things from each other Group

So one day I was thinking I really do want to keep learning new things and didn't want to spend lots of money on courses. So I took a look at who I am friends with and what things I could learn from them that I didn't already know.. When I really had a good think about that I said WOW to myself and thought lets start a little learning facebook group.  So I did !!

This is what I sent out and adding to the "About" section of the group.
http://getyourdiyon.blogspot.com.au/
My loving husband whipped up a little logo for our group..

("Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

1. What can you teach to others.

2. What can you learn from others.

I always want to learn new things!

As we all have a variety of life experiences, skills and talents, why not share and collaborate these skills with friends that are willing to learn and without a hefty price tag.

The plan is to form a group that will be able to have an opportunity to learn from each other. Every 4 weeks there will be a session held either at my place or the person who is leading the session, can choose the location.

Ideas of what you can bring towards these sessions are as follows:
• Arts & Craft categories
• Cooking categories
• Photography
• Gardening
• Sports
• Social Networking
• Business
• Design
• And so on

It can be as simple as you want. It’s not a competition; it’s just getting together and having fun while learning a new skill.
I will create a calendar and set out our initial sessions. The dates and time are entirely up to you
If you are interested and feel like joining, please let me know. If you already have an idea of what you would like to teach, send me a message and we can start setting out the timeframes.
Also, if you have any suggestions on what people might like to learn, don’t hesitate to put it out there.
Lastly, if you think that you know anybody that might like to be part of the group, feel free to send and invite to them.
All lessons are to be free or depending on the subject matter there may be a small cost. In return of it being free, by running a session is your way of contributing to this group.

“We can all learn something from each other”)

So I have 39 in our little group and can't wait to get started so far from this little group we will be learning:
  1.  "Paper Craft"Different decorations using the Fan Technique
    - I will be showing you a few different items in this session and you will be making them all to take home.
  2.  Household Organisation 
  3.  Mindfulness and meditation for busy lives
  4.  DIY Kids Craft
  5.  How to make your own Roselle drink
  6.  Lip Balm & solid perfume Class
  7. Basic Sign Language
  8.  Healthy and Clean Eating
  9. Scrapbooking digital and traditional
And that's just the start..


http://getyourdiyon.blogspot.com.au/


To find out more about starting your own group pop over here: https://www.facebook.com/help/groups/basics

Our first little lesson is on Saturday run by myself and I will let you know how it goes..

Has anyone else done one of these as I would love to hear how it went or going..

Also feel free to share with me if you start your own group..

Enjoy

xo
Daneve

1 comment: